Phone: 024 7643 9943
Decking – What is it?
Millboard is made from a blended polyurethane and mineral base. In production, it is bonded with a hybrid polymer ‘lastane’ top layer. These advanced unique materials ensure that you have unpresidential combined benefits to ensure your enjoyment, safer, and worry free decking for years to come.
Some of the key benefits are detailed as below:
10 Reasons for using Millboard
- Made using eco-friendly materials
- Maintenance free – requires no upkeep
- Safer, highly anti-slip in the wet
- Does not rot, slip or warp
- Does not host algae growth
- UV weather stable – resists fading
- Resistant to stains – less cleaning required
- Intricate realistic detail
- Invisible ‘lost head’ fixing
- Widest choice of designs and colours.
Millboard has many environmentally friendly benefits above standard composite or recycled products.
- Made using reclaimed and recycled materials
- Low environmental impact polyurethane material
- Does not use any timber – Leaves trees standing
- Made in the U.K – Low carbon footprint
- Does not cause deforestation (180 million hectares of deforestation in 15 years – equivalent to 7 times the size of Great Britain)
- No chemicals to leach into the ground
- Resistant to stains and mould – Does not require chemical cleaner
- Low energy manufacture process (Typically uses up to 7 times less energy per m2 of product than some Thermoplastics)
- Used to create energy production at end of life cycle (creates up to 50 times more energy when consumed in a power station than it took to make the base material)
- Ozone Depletion Rating (ODR) = 0 (Polyurethane) Requires the rating of maximum 5 to attain green rating
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) = 0 (Polyurethane) Requires the rating of maximum 5 to attain green rating
- Lasts longer than standard timber, less resources used over lifespan.
- Made locally in the U.K, minimal carbon footprint
- Polyurethane, the main base material, is an extremely low environmental impact material (see ODR & GWP above)
- Other products using polyurethane as the main base material have been awarded a BREEAM ‘A’ rating.